Software Engineer III
Software Engineer III
Atlanta, Georgia • Direct Hire • May 15, 2023
To Apply for this Job Click HereJob Title: Software Engineer III
Duration (Contract/CTH/Perm): Perm
Location (Onsite/Hybrid/Remote): Hybrid (3 days a week onsite) in ATL
Primary Skill: Embedded Development, C, C++
What we expect
Design, develop, implement, and analyze software solutions related to new product development, quality improvement, cost reduction, and customer needs of elevator systems. Maintain software compliance with current A17.1, EN81, and other building codes. Position focuses on new product development, support, and maintenance of embedded software systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support and develop software components for elevator systems.
- Implement software solutions related to quality improvement, new product development, customer needs and cost reductions.
- Work with field mechanics remotely and onsite to resolve software related issues.
- At times, act as a project lead - coordinating activities of multi-discipline team members, managing project tasks, and providing periodic updates to management.
- Ability to perform special projects and other duties as assigned with limited direction or guidelines.
- Read requirements and specifications to correctly resolve problems and add/modify product features.
- Expected to learn the elevator system and how the various electrical, mechanical, and software components work together.
- Maintain software compliance with A17.1, EN81, and other applicable building codes.
- Relies on experience and judgement with limited instructions to plan and achieve goals.
- Reports to supervisor or manager.
- Assist other departments with software related questions and support.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Mentors and trains Engineer I & II
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters Preferred), Software Engineering, or Physics or equivalent professional knowledge is required.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, with a focus in embedded software systems or related field required
- Embedded programming using the C and C++ programming languages.
- Working knowledge of embedded real time kernels or real time operating systems, and other embedded operating systems – GreenHill’s Integrity, Linux, etc.
- Experience with defect tracking tools, such as Jira.
- Experience with source control tools, such GIT.
- Practical experience working with embedded hardware.
- Must have strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work within multi-discipline teams.
- Must possess strong technical communication and customer service skills.
- Must possess strong decision-making abilities and ability to work well with others.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be able to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures/SOP to perform the functions of the job.
- Multi-threaded application development experience.
- Experience with HTML5, Angular Framework, and Java Script a plus.
- Experience with hands on technical wiring and assembly of mechanical equipment.