Memphis, Tennessee • Contract • May 22, 2023
To Apply for this Job Click HereJob Title: Network Engineer
Client is seeking a Network Engineer to help maintain and further build our network and security footprint. Candidates must have advanced knowledge of Cisco Meraki and Cisco ASA, as well as Cisco Umbrella and SEIM technologies. At least some PCI exposure will be useful in this role as well. Candidates must have strong communication skills that allow for direct communication with both requestors and technical personnel. The role of Network Engineer will have a central and pivotal contribution to our success.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, documenting, and supporting all data communication and security operations.
- Own the administration of all Cisco Meraki network gear.
- Own the administration of all Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Own the administration of Cisco Umbrella.
- Own the administration of the SEIM.
- Support Azure cloud network initiatives.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc security investigations.
- Produce reporting that supports the goals of the company, the department, and the position.
- Proactively self-educate on security best-practices. Cisco certifications highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Cisco Meraki experience
- Cisco ASA experience
- Cisco Umbrella experience
- SEIM experience.
- Azure cloud experience.
- Certificate management.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Able to handle detail-oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business requirements and leading teams or individuals through technical design.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience creating or reviewing systems and networking diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience with preparing user documentation and conducting user training.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and adapt to change.
- Must be customer / service focused.
- Passion for excellence in network design, security, and management.
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to deliver on-time.
- Proactive by nature, a self-starter who is motivated and can work independently.
- Experience owning a network platform.
- Comfort and familiarity with all aspects of network security best practices, technology and working across the organization.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit a positive “can do" attitude.
- Accept responsibility for and execute efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Recognize when a high sense of urgency is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills are essential.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Honest, dependable, respectful of others and carry high ethical standards.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Must be a team player.