Job Title: Mechanical CAD Designer II (SolidWorks Engineer)
Location: Atlanta / Germantown, TN / Middleton, TN
Primary Skill: SolidWorks, Windchill
This role will create CAD models and technical drawings from ideas, concepts, instructions, and diagrams. This role works closely with engineers and
other professionals to create and improve products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Transform initial rough draft product designs into 3D models, 2D documents and assembly drawings using SolidWorks.
- Create complex technical drawings from ideas, concepts, instructions, and diagrams into workable product designs.
- Knowledgeable in good documentation practices and comfortable communicating design rationales verbally and/or in writing prior to
coordinating formal document approvals.
- Create and maintain bill of materials for assemblies in Windchill by using Engineering Change Order, Manufacturing Change Order
process and/or Production Change Order process.
- Create and maintain models with bill of materials for legacy products within SolidWorks PDM and Engineering Information System.
- Able to understand revision control of prints and bills of materials.
- Upload Design Automation 3D models into Windchill.
- Configures Windchill, object rules, workflows, workgroups, etc. and other Windchill-related modules and systems.
- Troubleshoots Windchill technical issues, including installation, deployment, configuration, server-side, and CAD client-side issues.
- Ensure the engineering design, models/drawings and related data meet all contractual, company, and program requirements. Utilize
working knowledge and application experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing based on ASME Y14.5, along with ASME
Y14.100 Engineering Drawing Practices.
- Be able to understand and apply global and local standards to design work accordingly.
- Be able support local and global engineers according to project task.
- Understand manufacturing processes.
- Able to support manufacturing needs for in-house and outsourced products.
- Interact with the manufacturing facilities to resolve part or assembly issues, deviation requests and bill of material errors.
- Able to create 3D renderings for marketing.