We are looking for experienced data science professionals to be part of the data science program in Memphis. You will work closely with the client's stakeholders to derive deep industry knowledge across all industries. You will help develop a data strategy for the company including collection of the right data, creation of the data science project portfolio, partnering with external providers and augmenting capabilities with additional internal hires. A large part of the job is communicating and developing relationship with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to tee up proofs of concept projects to demonstrate how data science can be used to solve problems in unique and novel ways. In addition to the pure data science problems, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of sensor scientists, software engineers, network engineers, mechanical/electrical engineers, and chemical engineers in the development, and deployment of IoT solutions. If you like working for an entrepreneurial company with a Sustainability mission and Digital ambitions at the core of its strategy, this is the place for you.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science/Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related science and technical field.
- 3+ years of data science work experience in developing predictive and deep data analytics solutions and optimization scenarios involving expertise in data extraction, analysis, and visualization in the following areas:
- Hands-on work experience with open-source data analytics toolsets such as R or Python, etc.
- Proficiency with modern statistical modeling (regression, boosting trees, random forests, etc.), machine learning (text mining, neural network, NLP, etc.), optimization (linear optimization, nonlinear optimization, stochastic optimization, etc.) methodologies.
- Exposure to data analytics and visualization platforms such as SAS, Rapidminer, MATLAB, Minitab, PowerBI, KNIME, PowerApps, etc.
- Experience in basic cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.), data analytics architecture (Azure Machine Learning, Datalake analytics, Workbench, Stream Analytics, etc.) and data engineering technologies (Datalake, CosmosDB, Hadoop, SQL and No-SQL databases, etc.).
- A demonstrated record of success with a verifiable portfolio of data science problems tackled in different domains.
- Strong communications skills in English and ability to work with global stakeholders effectively.
- Experience in the specialty chemicals sector or similar process industry
- Background in engineering, especially Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- An aptitude to learn new digital tools and technologies.
- Experience working with global stakeholders.
- Knowledge in quantitative modeling tools and statistical analysis.
- Background and exposure to Internet of Things applications, Software.
- Pleasant personality and collaborates easily with others.
- Aims high and brings a sense of urgency and ownership to all tasks.
- A life-long learner who constantly updates skills through online learning and other means.
- A strong business focus, ownership and inner self-drive to solve real-world impactful problems with innovative digital solutions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary and passionate team members.
- Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects.