Reports to VP of Total Rewards
-Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or similar discipline.
-A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Compensation with at least 3 years management experience.
-Prior experience in Healthcare HR or Compensation.
-HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SRHM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or CHHR)
Compensation (CCP or GRP)
Under the leadership of the VP/Total Rewards and as part of a comprehensive People & Culture team, this role has primary responsibility for planning, design, implementation & administration of the day-to-day compensation programs. Working collaboratively with leadership, ensures that the compensation program supports and is aligned with both short and long term business objectives, and programs continue to be both competitive and cost effective. Provides leadership, coaching, direction and acts as a resource to staff within the compensation area as well as others participating on cross-functional teams. This role also works closely with the SVP/CHRO on various executive compensation initiatives. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and serves as a key contributor to overall compensation planning activities.
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of the fundamentals of concepts, practices, and regulatory knowledge in compensation.
- Experience in the development and delivery of compensation programs.
- Business process improvement, process re-engineering, process design or six-sigma projects.
- Strong skills in facilitation, influencing, problem solving, and negotiating with and between individuals and groups. Demonstrated ability to manage by influence in a consultative role that does not have direct authority.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and superior analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office Word, Excel, and Power Point. Strong knowledge using Excel intermediate and advanced tools. Ability to conceptualize and foresee compensation issues and provide analytics in a persuasive and data-driven recommendation.
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationships, planning, organizing, and follow-up, budget preparation and monitoring, management and leadership.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides compensation leadership and oversight for the development and implementation of organizational compensation planning & budgeting, salary administration programs, policies, and guidelines.
- Develops, communicates and interprets HR Compensation policies, procedures, and administrative guidelines; recommending changes as needed to support business strategy and financial condition, consistent with the organization’s culture, and best in class practices.
- Serves as a key contributor to compensation planning activities including merit budgeting, pay structure changes, forecasting pay program costs; assisting in the maintenance of efficient and consistent department processes; and designing and leading internal training courses.
- Designs, implements, and administers compensation programs and policies involving base pay, executive compensation, incentives, perquisites, and job titling/leveling architecture that align with the business, attract and retain organizational talent, and comply with government regulations.
- Researches and evaluates compensation trends, providing recommendations to optimize results, and facilitates or leads projects for process improvement.
- Provides guidance to leaders and compensation staff regarding complex compensation issues and develops creative solutions to customers concerns and/or issues. Provides research and evaluation of compensation market data to guide pay decisions and maintain a competitive compensation program to recruit and retain highly competent staff.
- Assists leaders through coaching and guidance to produce simplified position descriptions, design effective department structures and career ladders.
- Utilizing project management skills, facilitates and/or leads projects to provide creative solutions to processes, and presents recommendations to appropriate staff, management and administration. Ensures that project deliverables accomplish measurable business process improvements that align with strategic initiatives.
- Supervises department associates as assigned. Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, and training department personnel according to the value system.