This role will design, develop, analyze, improve, and implement specialty solutions for our service and modernization elevator systems. The position focuses on enhancements and development of electrical hardware tools for the field, text fixtures for PCB repair group, and aftermarket specialty kits for the service and modernizations operations. Ultimately providing internal and external specialty solutions to support the business growth of our NA field operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (List in order of priority)
- As an Electronic Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible for system and board-level design of wired and wireless specialty solutions for our North American field operations.
- Reads requirements and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used.
- Generates designs per the outlined requirements and specifications.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of latitude.
- Solves complex problems
- Develop detailed documentation including design requirements, specifications, diagrams, and calculations.
- Perform design activities focusing on digital and analog microprocessor/embedded systems and involving high speed interfaces such as Ethernet and wireless modules, as well as battery charging, audio, and other interfaces
- Interface with external vendors and internal departments as required to help facilitate the design and implementation of the product from concept to production
- Build prototypes/models and perform circuitry testing to ensure design and structure meet performance guidelines.
- Develop Test Software to test prototypes ensuring designs meet performance and functional criteria.
- Perform on site troubleshooting when necessary to solve problems
- Contributes in a team environment.
- Provide status reports as directed
- Works under limited supervision for coaching, training, and skill development.
- Reports to manager, or electrical principal engineer. Provides consultation on complex issues.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and company safety standards.
- Adheres to the corporate compliance policy and ensures that behavior in the workplace is that of a responsible professional.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Comprehension of complex electrical engineering concepts required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and interface with a variety of stakeholders
- Possess strong decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of semiconductors both digital and analog, microcontrollers, FPGA’s, DDR3, eMMC, serial interfaces and other semiconductor technology – old and current.
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, digital multimeter or DMM, signal generators, amplifiers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of computer-assisted engineering tools and general knowledge of test equipment.
- Experience documenting development data in test reports and detailed design documents, familiarity developing procedures and/or test specifications,
- Experience in program/project estimation and planning
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,