NexTech Solutions is looking for a Developer/Engineer for a client's Atlanta location. This person can be either a strong developer, a strong engineer, or a mixture of both.
This person needs to be a "self starter who can work independently with limited supervision".
This person must have a degree, experience with C# and C++, as well as embedded systems experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop software used by field technicians to troubleshoot, configure, and repair non client issues
- Conducts reverse engineering on competitors’ products to determine how those products operate.
- Create and maintain application design requirements and other related documentation.
- Design, develop, and build automated test fixtures used by repair lab for printed circuit board repair.
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test fixtures.
- Monitor and maintain server-based security processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
- 6 years of experience working with the below or in a relatable field
- Application development using C# and C++.
- Embedded application development using C and C++.
- Knowledge of source control tools, such as Perforce or GIT
- Practical experience working with embedded systems.
- Working knowledge of serial communications protocols used in embedded systems.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Strong trouble shooting, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong technical communication and customer service skills.
- Willing to learn and develop using new technologies.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Able to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with reverse engineering embedded systems.
- Experience working with Linux based embedded platforms.
- Advanced experience using test equipment such as muilti-meter, oscilloscope, and logic analyzers.
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with hands on technical wiring and assembly of mechanical equipment