Duration: ASAP start-date; initial contract thru 12/31 with probability for ongoing 1-year extensions.
Location: Memphis, TN; must be able to work onsite and candidates must be local; must also have transportation to drive between business sites when network maintenance & upgrades are needed.
Work Scope: The scope of the position is to ensure the secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, data, and network connections. This includes the development and implementation of network security principles, configuration of perimeter devices, deployment and troubleshooting Cisco IOS firewalls, deployment and troubleshooting cryptography solutions (IPsec, SSL), as well as the implementation of network and end-point security. Other responsibilities will be vulnerability assessment, and the analysis of security breaches.
- Experience with working in multiple computer operating systems and telecommunication environments.
- At least 5+ years of extensive experience with TCP/IP and WAN/LAN technologies.
- At least 5+ years of extensive experience with static and dynamic routing technologies.
- At least 3+ years of extensive experience developing processes and documentation to comply with national data security standards.
- At least 3+ years of experience with stateful inspection firewall technologies including deploying and supporting site-to-site (IPsec) VPN tunnels.
- At least 3+ years of experience securing operating environments Windows, Linux/Unix systems, and Novell, including hardening operating systems, and hardening built-in applications such as Apache and IIS.
- At least 3+ years of experience with Intruder Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of DNS, remote access solutions, application programming, and directory services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply principles/concepts to most complex/diversified engineering, business and technical system design projects; act as project leader; extremely accountable for end results.
- Be fluent in the areas of access control, cryptography, intrusion detection/prevention; secure application development, security system design, operations security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, as well as physical security.
- Be fluent in hands-on configuration and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and appliance security systems.
- Plan, formulate and implement conversion procedures; determine system hardware requirements; make feasibility studies and recommend most optimal system goals/economies.
- Prepare/maintain full system documentation; analyze electronic threats, breaches, risks, and ensure safe computing practices.
- Keep abreast of latest Security innovations/technology and security breaches, viruses, worms, exploits, methods and practices through seminars, publications, news/e-mail subscriptions, vendor schools/manuals/web sites.
- Review/evaluate existing programs and procedures to ensure proper controls, security measures, redundancy, goals and economies have been obtained.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Certifications: The following certifications are highly desirable and will be a primary consideration of employment.
- Network: CCNA (routing/switching), CCNP (routing/switching, wireless)
- Security: Security+, CCSP, CISSP, CCNP (Security)