Job Title: SMO Manager
Location: Memphis, TN or Richardson, TX (REMOTE MIGHT be considered for the right candidate)
Duration: Perm Full Time
We are looking for a strong experienced candidate to lead our IT Supplier Management Office. This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership and management of the Information Technology (IT) procurement initiatives for the Organization.
The Manager, Supplier Management Office will be responsible for IT supplier management / vendor management and strategic sourcing strategies and programs. This position will manage the supplier management processes for the IT teams, including processing of purchase requisitions, research and selection of potential suppliers, vendor selection/RFx, negotiation of pricing and contract terms, vendor relationship, score-carding and tiering, vendor risk and spend data, vendor incident or relationship escalation, and reporting and issuance of purchase orders. This role will collaborate with IT leaders, Project Management Office, Information Security, enterprise procurement, finance and legal to align IT supplier management strategies.
- Experience developing and managing (global) IT supplier management policies, standards, and processes.
- Experience standardizing the measurement of current supplier performance and periodically reporting results to IT leadership.
- Experience facilitating adoption of the IT supplier management policies, procedures, and standards by providing an advisory and oversight function across all technology initiatives (steady state, programs, projects) utilizing third party supplier services and/or software for relevant business and technology initiatives, projects and/or programs.
- Experience in providing supplier processes and relationship management skills specific to: Leading the activities related to the IT supplier relationships, contract and commercial terms and conditions, and product or service performance. Collaborating with Organization representatives to help translate functional requests into contract specifications. Ensuring suppliers are evaluated and selected in accordance with organization guidelines and best practices.
- Providing appropriate support / training to senior staff as it relates to supplier relationships.
- Proficient Supplier RFx and Contract Management skills with the ability to: Manage the evaluation, selection, transition and monitoring of contractual agreements for IT outsourcing suppliers. Coordinate contracts, SOWs and other legal agreements for the IT department. Work across multiple lines on business to negotiate rates, terms and conditions of an agreement. Lead the definition of the IT specific terms and conditions with suppliers and partners. Contemplate and propose viable supplier alternatives. Leverage agreements, and consolidates multiple agreements to improve pricing and increase efficiencies.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience managing complex contract negotiations with the ability to work directly with internal/external legal counsel.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to bridge communications between IT and business customers to define how supplier can effectively deliver solutions to organization.
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to handle a wide range of tasks, is required.
- Fluent relationship management, organizational, process management and time management skills with ability to handle multiple suppliers and ongoing activities.
- Proficient with defining and enforcing IT specific service level agreement provisions and tracking.
- Effective in communicating with various echelons of the business (from non-technical, to highly technical, to executives).
- Monitor the contracted, financial and market performance of the suppliers to identify potential supplier viability risks, communicate the risks to stakeholders and develop a risk mitigation action plan in conjunction with IT Strategy.
- Collaborates with areas of IT to ensure suppliers/outsourcing partners are effectively managed and contracts are fully leveraged.