Sr. Product Owner (Data, BI)
Memphis, Tennessee • Direct Hire • January 7, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Product Owner (Data, BI)
Location: REMOTE or Dallas, TX or Seattle, WA or Memphis, TN
Duration: Perm Full Time
Responsible for establishing the strategic vision and direction of a product team defined as a set of capabilities and associated applications. Leads the team to manage all aspects of the product platform including but not limited to; working with upper management and key stakeholders to define the product vision, 3-year Product roadmap, Release Plan, and backlog, maintaining product specific project plans, negotiating product feature requirements, ensuring product quality and information security requirements, turning requirements into overall system design, coordinating product software releases and resolving product defects. Leads team in using agile methodologies including Scrum to improve team effectiveness. Responsible for translating technical jargon to train internal teams and key stakeholders on product features with an emphasis on how the features translate to business benefits. Works collaboratively to manage the products’ platform. Manages all such efforts in collaboration with Architecture, Security Liaison and the Platform Director
- Knowledge: Experience with third party databases, libraries, interfaces, and internet protocols; understanding of software engineering principles and techniques
- Proficiency with Software Engineering and related tools; ability to facilitate and resolve disagreements over scope, design, and requirements
- Knowledge of hardware, software and network set up
- Ability to articulate both marketing and IT needs/issues to all groups; knowledge of technology skills
- Good knowledge Information Technology techniques; ability to interact well with team members and business users; excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of iterative/agile development.
- Requires knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Product Development, or a related field and 6 8 years of information technology experience.
- Agile Product Owner certification, or equivalent preferred.