Client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to analyze and implement organizational systems to find more efficient ways of doing things. Typical activities include: Addressing system challenges and implementing the best solution to meet project and operational needs. Taking a project or initiative from conception to completion. The role of the Senior Systems Engineer will have a tremendous impact to our success, leveraging talent across the client and best in class tools, the candidate will be responsible for helping maintain both existing systems and implementing future systems. As a key contributor, the candidate will bring the deep experience of this work along with a self-motivated nature and attention to detail to build and lead something great!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration of all Windows systems, including VMware.
- Responsible for the administration of the Storage Area Network, including the HPe Nimble.
- Support the administration of Database system, including SQL Server.
- Help manage administration of Hybrid Active Directory, GPO, PowerBI Gateways, SSO/SAML, SaaS IBM iAccess, Rightfax
- Help manage administration of Security/Compliance: Microsoft Defender Local and Azure, Microsoft 365 Security, SharePoint permissions, O365 Exchange Rule-Set, AirWatch MDM, Cisco AMP, Jamf
- Work with team members to operationalize and implement system processes.
- Document processes for operational purposes.
- Produce reporting, dashboard and displays with an emphasis on real time and actionable data.
- Proactively self-educate and be certified on the platforms being an expert business users and liaison with the rest of the organization
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive Systems Engineer experience.
- Experience McAfee tools
- Experience in Office 365
- Financial Services knowledge.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Able to handle detail-oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business requirements and leading teams or individuals through technical design.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience creating or reviewing systems and networking diagrams.
- Demonstrated experience with preparing user documentation and conducting user training.
- Ability to interact effectively with other Bank colleagues.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and adapt to change.
- Must be customer / service focused.
- Passion for excellence in application level support and the innovative use of technology best practices.
- Security focused.
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to deliver on-time.
- Proactive by nature, a self-starter who is motivated and can work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills are essential.
- Comfort and familiarity with best practices in technology and working across the organization.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit a positive “can do" attitude.
- Accept responsibility for and execute efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Recognize when a high sense of urgency is required.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Honest, dependable, respectful of others and carry high ethical standards.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Must be a team player.
- Availability for outage events 24x7 with a reasonable response time.
- Ability to monitor and respond off hours.
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.