Duration (Contract/CTH/Perm): 6 to 12+ month contract (possible perm for right candidate)
Location (Onsite/Hybrid/Remote): 5 days week onsite in Byhalia MS
Top 3 Skills (Required):
1. Developed and reviewed design prototypes, performed tests, finalized product design and facilitated product transfer to manufacturing for general production.
2. Familiarity with:
- selecting electrical components based on electrical data sheets or specifications.
- reading electrical wiring schematics and system wiring diagrams.
- using electrical tools such as multimeter and oscilloscope.
- Poka-yoke design technique.
3. Electrical circuit design and analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (List in order of priority)
- Designs electrical components and systems
- Relies on experience and judgment with very limited instructions to plan and accomplish goals
- Reports to manager
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments
- Understands and uses the A17.1 elevator code as a basis for all designs
- Utilizes a wide degree of creativity and latitude in performing the essential functions of the role
- Reads requirements and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used
- Generates designs per the outlined requirements and specifications
- Contributes in a team environment
- Adheres to the corporate compliance policy and ensures that behavior in the workplace is that of a responsible professional
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Comprehension of general electrical engineering concepts required
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess strong decision-making abilities
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Possess effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in using computer-assisted design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Blue Beam/Adobe Writer
- Demonstrated experience with hands on technical wiring and assembly of mechanical equipment a plus
- Demonstrated experience with the use of computer-assisted engineering tools and general knowledge of test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Probes, Meters
- Possess the ability to closely follow instructions and pre-established procedures/SOP to perform the functions of the job
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of related experience is required
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required